This four-year-old planting shows the tremendous advantages of
fabric in the survival and development of young trees.
Lumite® Weed Barrier being used under a blueberry planting in California.
Closeup of Lumite®
Roy Shaw demonstrating the
laying of Lumite® Weed Barrier in
1998 at the Colorado State Forest Service Nursery
Lumite® is by far our most popular and
best-selling weed barrier. Why? Well, not only does it work well in
landscaping under rocks and gravel, but it does a fantastic job of
accelerating growth in fruit and tree plantings.
Lumite Weed Barrier is an easy, economical way to control weeds and
conserve soil moisture in tree, shrub, or fruit, or vegetable
- Lumite is a water-permeable fabric that allows moisture to penetrate
through to the ground, but not evaporate back out.
- Lumite eliminates the need for cultivation, drip systems, weed
badger work, chemicals, or other tree-planting-maintenance aids on
- Lumite is a strong, durable, time-tested, polypropylene geotextile
woven fabric that carries a five-year guarantee against ultraviolet
- Lumite has been used in arid regions of the United States and
overseas to enhance survival and growth on tree and shrub
plantings. Survival rate is usually above 95% as compared to 50% or
less without Lumite. Growth rates double compared to nearby
plantings without weed barrier.
- In a Wyoming experiment, soil moisture was measured for two years
under fabric and in nearby unprotected cultivation plots. Results
indicate that soil moisture under fabric did not fall below 80% of
field capacity while soil moisture dropped to nearly 3% under
unprotected cultivation plots.
Lumite Weed Barrier:
- Makes plantings virtually maintenance free!
- Can easily and quickly be installed by hand or by machine!
- Eliminates the hassle of chemical and mechanical weed control!
- Helps eliminate costly replanting!
How To Order
Lumite Weed Barrier